I’ll be doing another webinar on Wednesday morning (June 3rd) from 10:00 am to 11:00 am MST on the topic of COVID-19 & Immigration: Updates for June 3, 2020.

The webinar will be live streamed from the Weninger Zhang Office YouTube channel. I’ll also provide some updates and answer some viewer questions. After the webinar, the video will be posted on the Weninger Zhang Office YouTube channel.

We are concerned about keeping our clients (and staff) safe from COVID-19. In most cases, we will be arranging things so that clients can avoid coming to the office. We are currently exploring office procedures that will enable us to provide no-contact or minimal contact services to clients, such as Skype consultations, “drive-thru wills”, and “drive-thru notarizations”. Our office suite is locked and won’t be opened unless someone has a scheduled appointment. 
We would ask that all clients who are feeling ill (which includes any cold or flu symptoms and symptoms associated with COVID-19, such as sneezing, coughing, fever, chills, body aches, runny nose, loss of smell, or trouble breathing) avoid coming to our office. Also, if you have traveled outside of Alberta within the last 14 days, please let us know before booking your appointment. As well, please let us know if you are bringing extra people to your appointment. Extra people who have not been cleared by us in advance will be turned away. We would ask that you not bring children, family members or friends to our office unless their attendance at our office is necessary for your legal matter.
For our part, any Weninger Zhang staff member (including any lawyer) who is feeling ill or who is suspected of having the novel coronavirus will be instructed to remain at home. So far, our staff remain healthy and there is no evidence of infection from the virus. We would ask people attending our office not to shake our hands and to wash their hands before and after coming to our office. These steps are important precautions to keep everyone safe and to allow us to continue to serve you in the coming weeks and months. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
If you’re planning to immigrate to Canada, or simply need a temporary work permit, we can help. At Russ Weninger Immigration Law we focus on immigration. We handle most Canadian immigration matters, such as skilled worker immigration, work permits, sponsorship via family/spouse/common law partner, provincial nominee program immigration, as well as immigration through the Canadian Experience class. We can also help people obtain study permits and temporary resident visas.


Why You Should Use Us

Immigrating to Canada, or even just getting a temporary visa, is often a complicated process that you want to make sure you do correctly the first time. It’s best to leave your application in the hands of a Canadian immigration lawyer that has the legal training and experience to properly prepare your application and ensure you the best chance of success.

Call us at 403-456-3977 ext 107 for a consultation.

Please note: the address on the bottom panel of this website is not current. Our current address is Suite 200, 1055 – 20th Ave NW, Calgary, AB, T2M 1E7.

Skilled Workers

The point system measures six factors related to the applicant and assigns a score to each factor. If the applicant’s total score meets the pass mark then they potentially qualify for immigration to Canada under the Skilled Worker category.

Work Permits

A foreign individual (i.e., one who is not a Canadian permanent resident or citizen) who intends to work in Canada is typically required to possess a work permit or other authorization to legally do so.


Canadian citizens and permanent residents may qualify to sponsor spouses, common-law partners, minor children (in some cases), parents, and grandparents for permanent residence.