Warning: include(wp-includes/class-wp-term-connect.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/21/8879321/html/wp-config.php on line 92

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'wp-includes/class-wp-term-connect.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/21/8879321/html/wp-config.php on line 92
5 Nugget Friday - Russ Weninger Immigration Lawyer in Calgary, AB :: Russ Weninger Immigration Lawyer in Calgary, AB
Layout Image
Written By: admin

1. Wondering about what ad sources to use when applying for an Labour Market Impact Assessment? Though each situation is different, you may wish to consider the following: Job Bank (almost always a must), Indeed, bestjobsca.com, Kijiji, Craigslist, and an online ad through a local newspaper (such as the Calgary Sun). Some LMIA applications require advertising that targets disadvantaged or underrepresented groups in society. To satisfy such requirements, some sites feature job ads for First Nations people, such as First Nations Jobs Online.   

2. When reviewing an LMIA application, Service Canada is very picky about proving the duration of job advertisements. I would strongly recommend printing out all job advertisements once a week. Make sure that the printed advertisements display the dates of printing.

3. Anyone making a refugee claim benefits from knowing how to fill out the forms, obtain supporting documents, line up witnesses, and prepare for the hearing. This refugee hearing guide provided by Kinbrace is a valuable free resource. It is also available in several languages.

4. Whether applying for permanent residence, or applying for a job, having a strong accent can often stand in the way of success. For those wishing to make their speech more easily understood by Canadians, accent reduction training may be worth considering. One such company that offers such services in Calgary is Accent Reduction Company.

5. Can you sponsor someone who isn’t a spouse/common law partner, a minor child, a parent, or a grandparent? In most cases, the answer is no. However, for people who do not have a spouse/common law partner, children (whether adult or minor), living parents or living grandparents, they may qualify to sponsor another relative for permanent residence. This is sometimes referred to as the “lonely Canadian” exception. Click here for more information.

Leave a Reply